Seminar "INVESTING IN FRANCE"
MEMBERS BREAKFAST MEETING AT HERBERT SMITH FREEHILLS
Within the framework of the CEFJ's monthly meetings, our member Herbert Smith Freehills in partnership with Rothschild & Cie and will welcome us for a special seminar about "INVESTING FRANCE". Experts will share with us all the guidelines of a good investisment on french territory.
The following topics will be discussed :
- Opportunities for Japanese companies investing in France
- Obtaining investment authorisations from the French government (Decree "Alstom", privatisation regulations, antitrust filings, etc.)
- French labour law obligations and the impact of these on deal strategy : information and consultation procedures and the timetable for the deal (works council, Hamon Law, "put structures", etc.)
- How deals are generally conducted in France (Auction processes, dual tracks, etc.)
- Some of the cultural and legal issues faced when Japanese and French companies enter into joint ventures